Saturday, January 10, 2009

6 months

Today is Eli's half-birthday, a day we like to celebrate in my family. In honor of the occassion, I gave him his first real food, some avocado. He did pretty well. Here's some pictures of his first meal, all courtesy of the iPhone.







Lest you think all that grimacing was an indication of his mood. He is just the smiliest little baby these days.




Derek and the girs are still on the road and they have my camera, so I couldn't have used it even if I wanted to for these. I have to say, though, that it is incredibly liberating to use the lousy iPhone camera. They're a little soft and the color is bad, but it's not my fault. See that odd shift in white balance for the image in the middle? I don't have to care. I love them all. I especially love that 6 month old chubby little boy, who is sitting on my lap as I type this. Happy half-birthday, Eli!

Avocado was Charlotte's first food, too. I had forgotten how curly her hair was, even when she was so small. She was just over 4 months old here.



1 comment:

Doni Brinkman said...

Wow - minus the curly hair, Charlotte and Eli look a lot alike to me! I appreciated your comments on your Iphone pictures LOL. I bet that was a bit liberating. :)